OTA Allied Trades Scholarships
The OTA Allied Trades is a category within the Ontario Trucking Association’s membership that consists of companies that provide goods and services to the Ontario trucking industry.
OTA is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities, on behalf of its Allied Trades members, for Ontario-based students enrolled at Ontario public universities and colleges. Through its Allied Trades members, OTA has established two annual scholarships that recognize continued commitment to academic success. Each year, two scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in recognized full-time post-secondary programs, as follows:
- Allied Trades University Scholarship: one each year in the amount of up to $1,250 will be awarded to a student enrolled in a full-time program at an Ontario public university.
- Allied Trades College Scholarship: one each year in the amount of up to $750 will be awarded to a student enrolled in a full-time program at an Ontario public college.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the OTA Education Foundation Selection Committee.
Note: Only scholarship winners will be notified. Scholarship funds will be advanced to the recipient’s post-secondary institution and will be credited to the account identified by the student number provided in the online application.
- A resident of Ontario
- 25 years of age or younger as of January 1 of the academic year for which the scholarship applies.
- Enrolled in the second, third, fourth or fifth year of studies in an Ontario public college or university program.
- Enrolled in a full-time program with a duration of at least 3 years (University scholarship); OR
- Enrolled in a full-time program with a duration of at least 2 years (College scholarship).
- Submit your online application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Make sure that you review and understand all of the application requirements that are specified below and in the Overview page of the application before starting.
- You will have to upload an essay of 500 words or less (in .pdf format) that outlines your academic and career goals, and the reasons for your interest in the line of studies that you are pursuing.
- Arrange to have an official transcript for your most recent academic year with final (not mid-term) marks, sent (either by mail or email) directly from the issuing institution to the OTA Education Foundation.
OTA Education Foundation
555 Dixon Road
By Email: Email address must contain the URL of the issuing school or school board. Transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who are applying for multiple OTA Education Foundation scholarships are permitted to arrange for only one official transcript to be sent to the Foundation. Applicants are asked to indicate that they are applying for other Foundation scholarships in the “Transcript” section of the online application form.
- Save your essay (see above for description) in .pdf format using the following naming protocol: <<LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_OTA_AT_ESSAY>>. You will have to upload your essay as part of your online application process.