The Erb Group "Service to Community" Scholarship
The Erb Group is pleased to sponsor an annual scholarship honouring a student who exemplifies outstanding community spirit and/or charitable involvement. The Erb Group of Companies “Service to Community” Scholarship is awarded to a first-year post-secondary student who is entering a public Ontario college or university directly from high school, and who demonstrates a commitment to community through involvement in community and/or charitable/volunteer work. We feel so strongly at Erb about the importance of community service, that it is part of our Mission Statement:
Since Vernon Erb began his business in the 1950’s, the Erb Group has enthusiastically contributed on every level to the progress and well-being of the charitable, sporting, religious, and social organizations within their local area. Vernon always felt that by providing service and satisfaction, success would follow naturally in his business – and it has.
The Erb Group of Companies feels strongly about the importance of community service, and believes that by serving its customers, it can also service its communities and share its good fortune with families, friends, and the neighbourhoods where it lives and works. Erb believes that the student who provides service and satisfaction to his/her community will also enjoy success as a result of his/her commitment. We are pleased to sponsor this award and help to educate someone who is already a great asset to their community.
The scholarship recipients will be selected by the OTA Education Foundation Selection Committee. The maximum scholarship amount is $1,000.
Note: Only scholarship winners will be notified. Scholarship funds will be advanced to the recipient’s post-secondary institution and will be credited to the account identified by the student number provided in the online application.
- A resident of Ontario.
- 25 years of age or younger as of January 1 of the academic year for which the scholarship applies.
- Be enrolled in the first year of studies in a public Ontario college or university program that will lead to a diploma or a degree, to which the student is entering directly from secondary school.
- Submit your online application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Make sure that you review and understand all of the application requirements that are specified below and in the Overview page of the application before starting.
- You will have to upload a Curriculum Vitae of past volunteer community service and charity involvement.
- You will have to upload an essay of 500 words or less (in .pdf format) that describes why you have a strong commitment to community service, as well as your future aspirations related to ongoing community service and/or charitable involvement.
- You will have to upload a minimum of two (2) reference letters related to your volunteer and charity involvement.
- Arrange to have an official transcript for your most recent academic year with final (not mid-term) marks, sent (either by mail or email) directly from the issuing high school to the OTA Education Foundation.
OTA Education Foundation
555 Dixon Road
By Email: Email address must contain the URL of the issuing school or school board. Transcripts can be sent to email@example.com.
- Students who are applying for multiple OTA Education Foundation scholarships are permitted to arrange for only one official transcript to be sent to the Foundation. Applicants are asked to indicate that they are applying for other Foundation scholarships in the “Transcript” section of the online application form.
- Save your Curriculum Vitae (see above for description) in .pdf format using the following naming protocol: <<LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_ErbCV>>. You will have to upload your CV as part of your online application process.
- Save your essay (see above for description) in .pdf format using the following naming protocol: <<LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_ServiceESSAY>>. You will have to upload your essay as part of your online application process.
- Save your reference letters (see above for description) in .pdf format using the following naming protocol: <<LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_ServiceREF1; …REF2>>, etc. You will have to upload your reference letters as part of your online application process.