In addition to $50,000 awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year in general scholarships, the OTA Education Foundation disbursed a further $13,000 under the Foundation’s Endowed Scholarship program, which offers additional opportunities for students through specific scholarships that have been funded and established by corporate members of the trucking industry.
Students who received endowed scholarships can use the funds to help pay for tuition and other post-secondary expenses. The following scholarships were awarded for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Anderson Haulage Business and Technology Scholarships
- Bison Transport Scholarship
- The Erb Group of Companies “Service to Community” Scholarship
- Glasvan Great Dane Truck Trailer Service Technician Scholarship
- Grant’s Transport Mathematics Scholarship
- The J.D. Smith and Sons “Leaders of Tomorrow” Scholarship
- Omnitracs Mike Ham Memorial Scholarship
- OTA Allied Trades Scholarships
- OTA Professional Driver Memorial Scholarship
- Trailcon Leasing Trailer Service Technician Scholarship
- TST-CF Express International Transportation and Customs Scholarships
Each Endowed Scholarship is funded entirely by a one-time contribution that is used to award annual scholarships in perpetuity. The eligibility and assessment criteria are determined jointly between the endowed fund contributors and the Foundation, who also administers the endowed scholarship program.